9am-noon, and 1pm-3:45pm
Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)
Applicants must be 18 years of age and provide a current picture ID.
You must have the information listed in this Marriage License Information (PDF) with you when come to get your Marriage License.
The cost in Whitman County is $62 and we do not take cards of any kind - please bring cash, check, or money order. This fee is non-refundable.
There is a 3 day waiting period in the State of Washington, so you must come in at least 3 days before your ceremony. The license must be used within 60 days, at which time it will expire and you will need to re-apply. This license can only be used in the State of Washington.
Who May Perform My Ceremony?
Per RCW 26.04.050, the following officers and person, active or retired are hereby authorized to solemnize marriages:
- Any priest, imam, rabbi, or similar official of any religious organization
- Any regularly licensed or ordained minister
- Court of appeals commissioners
- Judges of the court of appeals
- Judges of courts of limited jurisdiction as defined in RCW 3.02.010
- Judges of the superior court
- Justices of the supreme court
- Superior court commissioners
- Supreme court commissioners
Certified copies may be obtained through our office after you have returned all required paperwork. Fees for a certified copy are $3 per copy.
Any further questions, please contact our office at 509-397-6270.